Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Tamera's Retirement Day

Friday October 4, 2013 was my last day at work ...that's right I retired from North Houston Endoscopy and Surgery.

Everyone there is just awesome.  I don't know why but I only expected a card and a few good bye hugs.  I however got the who shebang.  When I first arrived I was greeted with a happy retirement banner and was made to dress like a pirate (of the Caribbean)....


Then when we took a break for lunch they had a wonderful gift bag full of goodies that I could use during cruising.  Too much stuff to list but trust me it was awesome.  They also had a cake which totally surprised me ... remember all I was expecting was a card.
Then we all went outside to "take a group photo" (I thought anyway)  as it turns out we did that and I also saw they decorated my car.  I wish I took a photo of the whole thing because they covered the entire car with plastic wrap and wrote messages on the windows like this....
it was hilarious driving around Houston with this on my window...got lots of honks and crazy looks.

I thought the fun was over but NO....I was then awarded "employee of the quarter" and this really really totally shocked me.....What?  Me?  I'm leaving !!!
The fun did not end there.  The "team building" night was a great night of bowling, eating, drinking and laughing. 

I really big THANK YOU to everyone at North Houston Endoscopy for the most awesome retirement day.  I don't think you all realize how much the day meant to me....so much better than just a card !!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, congratulations on your retirement! I've just started checking out your blog…what a wonderful chronicle of your journey. Best of luck to you and your husband with you preparations and I look forward to seeing more!

    Fair winds,
    Monique
    s/v Paragon

    ReplyDelete